Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the forum REALLY for?

+6
Jinxed
Stardango
mordred
subsailor
IMADV8
Pan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the forum REALLY for? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the forum REALLY for?

Post by Havic Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:25 pm

back when i was playing in uni 7 with D.D team we started to use voice comms, i like ts3.

It maybe a good choice for us when the alliance gets larger to be able to fast respond to incoming attacks and group raids.

Havic
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Havic wrote:back when i was playing in uni 7 with D.D team we started to use voice comms, i like ts3.

It maybe a good choice for us when the alliance gets larger to be able to fast respond to incoming attacks and group raids.

Yes post all that info in this section, many thanks for your feed back!

http://zenalliance.heavenforum.org/t1067-if-you-are-a-member-of-any-zen-chapter-post-in-this-area-for-distress-help-on-attacks

Kind Regards
Davy
Stardango
Stardango
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:55 am

I know that IMADV8 disagrees with me, and I know the Brotherhood is significantly younger than ZEN...
BUT
The Brotherhood of Nod operates on the following policy: Everyone is forced to AT LEAST join our alliance forums, and sign an oath swearing loyalty to me and the Brotherhood. In this way we guarantee everyone knows it exists, and everyone knows how to talk. From there, we don't force anyone to say anything more...but this way they know how to, where to, and where to find announcements concerning our Brotherhood.

Again, Nod is young, and we are a bit more hierarchical than you...but it seems to have worked well thus far. Wink

Brotherhood, Unity, Peace
~Kane
Kane
Kane
"NOD" Alliance: Allies to ZEN

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-04-11

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Brotherhood_of_Nod22/index.php?act=s

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Kane wrote:I know that IMADV8 disagrees with me, and I know the Brotherhood is significantly younger than ZEN...
BUT
The Brotherhood of Nod operates on the following policy: Everyone is forced to AT LEAST join our alliance forums, and sign an oath swearing loyalty to me and the Brotherhood. In this way we guarantee everyone knows it exists, and everyone knows how to talk. From there, we don't force anyone to say anything more...but this way they know how to, where to, and where to find announcements concerning our Brotherhood.

Again, Nod is young, and we are a bit more hierarchical than you...but it seems to have worked well thus far. Wink

Brotherhood, Unity, Peace
~Kane

There are many schools of thought on rules and their implementation, and I am sure the many ZEN leaders vary in their application.

I will single me out! I run Two ZEN Chapters and two TT Rule Alliances, in all, I class them as a low rule alliance's, The main rule is, we only use circulars for important alliance information, all other communication is in pm's and in forum interaction.

As for the forum, when a member joins us we tell them this and then ask them to join the forum, stressing to them it is a part of being in the alliance, However, I stress more to the team that I see all the team as adults, and as such I respect their freedom of choice, and to make their own minds up whether they use the forum we supply them, I often wish for stronger forum participation, I send regular reminders to the team. but in my past experience if you force a player to do something you lose friends, trust and members.

My team work hard and seldom breach rules or even fight internally, we are all friends. we also give respect to the person firstly and not his rank, often high ranked players become arrogant, and try to dictate, we remove them instantly from the alliance, low ranked players have the same voice and respect as the high ranked, we do not differentiate. we have that in all the alliances we run!

My motto is: "Respect = Respect"

It works for us!

I always say to the team you are not a full member untill you register in the forum, 89% do register, 10 % use the forum in an avrage year!

Kind Regards
Davy
Stardango
Stardango

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:01 am

well i agree with kane and star... but heres my difference in both schools of thought... if you dont sign up for it your gone and attacked by me personally... you dont post one thing a month and your gone... of course attacked by me up to 5 times in a day for a week... structure is important and rules are rules... im bad huh??????? Twisted Evil
gorku
gorku

Number of posts : 1963
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 am

Kane wrote:I know that IMADV8 disagrees with me, and I know the Brotherhood is significantly younger than ZEN...
BUT
~Kane

I agree with you, actually. I only meant in my last post that regular forum participation shouldn't be strictly enforced. In every chapter I've led, forum membership at the very least has always been a strict requirement. In fact, I believe this is one of the few rules which all Zen chapters are expected to enforce.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2