Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the forum REALLY for?

+6
Jinxed
Stardango
mordred
subsailor
IMADV8
Pan
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is the forum REALLY for? Empty What is the forum REALLY for?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Hellllo to all ,
I was wondering: what is the point of the forum?

I have played in some alliances before, and i usually looked wether the forum is active, that is because i believe, through my previous experiences, that an alliance cannot communicate only through circuler messages. Don't get me wrong, i am NOT saying we shouldn't use them, they have their own very important use. The "communication" i am thus refering is debate, the construction of a solid community in the alliance that will make things better.

My point is: I believe their is not enough activity on the forum. Sure i do not post a lot myself, but i check every day when i go on Ogame what's going on in the forum. And after being in this alliance for a month, nothing really changed. The only members who seem to go on the forum are myself, Titipu and Pan.

So i was wondering, what is the alliance's official approach to the forum? In theory, are the members obliged to show a certain interest in the forum discussions and have a minimum activity? Or are the members allowed to fortget completly about the forum?

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

What is the forum REALLY for? Empty Re: What is the forum REALLY for?

Post by Pan Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Well what are your ideas?
Post here!

We have both public and private areas.
Pan
Pan
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Well my personnal opinion is to consider the forum as the centre of the alliance. It would then be an obligation for every member to go and check the forum. I would even go as far to say that it's an obligation to participate to the forum, or why join an alliance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:00 am

Some people are more talkative than others.

The forum is certainly more permanent than circular messages.

Very Happy
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Well as leader of Andromeda's ZEN alliance, what is your approach to the forum? And what is the alliance's official approach?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 pm

This forum has been around a long time.
Leaders have come and gone.
I played in Universe 43 when I first came to OGame then added Andromeda when it appeared.
Both Universes had the leader disappear more than once.

I think the forum should hold us together, serve as a focal point for discussion and be a place we can get to know each other.

It should also provide tips to new member/players.

Go Z E N
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Sadly this strongly differs from my idea of how an alliance should be.

"Our members benefit from increased trade opportunities, ACS and diplomatic support, a forum to facilitate communication, and a galaxytool to store and share information."

This is from the external area of our alliance on Ogame, Andromeda.
Well i'll say i haven't seen much communication going on.

I'm afraid I'm going to leave the alliance, no offense intended, if this is the alliance's approach to the forum.
I am looking for a more "forum centered" alliance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 pm

We should have discussions, help other members, give trade opportunities and more. All of these.

How can we get more people active?
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Well the way i see it people participate in forum only if they are obliged too, otherwise they are kicked. From what i understand this isn't exactly ZEN's policy regarding forum activity...

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 am

I never saw the need to institute such a policy. Members are free to communicate with each other if they wish. Forcing it on everyone will only drive away those less inclined to talk, weakening the alliance in the process.

That said, I fully agree that a good, active forum is necessary to hold an alliance together as a community. This is not achieved through strict rules, however, but through effort put into the forum itself, to make it more welcoming, useful, and interesting for all members.

If you want to see more people coming here, do your best to make it somewhere people will want to come. Create interesting topics, and invite them in-game to come and respond. Start contests. Post target info for others' use. Pick a topic people care about and just start talking. Perhaps in time they'll do the same.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:26 pm

That was Egg. He left Zen.
It was his opinion. I don't know why he felt so strongly.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by subsailor Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:09 pm

I'd see a forum as a communication tool. Coordinate raiding, help members, give advice, share knowledge, and have a general "shoot the bull" area. Am I off here? Smile
subsailor
subsailor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.robschumacher.net

Back to top Go down

What is the forum REALLY for? Empty Havixbeck from the Miners Alliance!

Post by Havixbec Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 am

The forum is home, and home to us all it's where we interact and react to each other as brothers and sisters, without the forum we would all be disjointed and have no sence of purpose, an alliance is about uniting people as friends and family, we the have a shared goal that to dominate the universe or at least try! the forum also helps us understand that there are many people from many country playing , and we can better understand cultural needs and share world-wide experiences, further to this players are often in homes alone, and this game gives real-time interaction, in short some much-needed company, a forum is life!

Kind Regards

Davy from Scotland

Havixbec

Back to top Go down

Post by mordred Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm

tell me if the forums are still very slow. i have made it my job to comment and almost every post made. just to keep things going. oooo and with an active forum i can meet the funny people.

to me the forums is where you learn and comunicate with people across the board. and sometimes spam (the 1-10000 topic)

NOTE: i will now make a topic where people should post funnies
mordred
mordred
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Havixbec wrote:
The forum is home, and home to us all it's where we interact and react to each other as brothers and sisters, without the forum we would all be disjointed and have no sence of purpose, an alliance is about uniting people as friends and family, we the have a shared goal that to dominate the universe or at least try! the forum also helps us understand that there are many people from many country playing , and we can better understand cultural needs and share world-wide experiences, further to this players are often in homes alone, and this game gives real-time interaction, in short some much-needed company, a forum is life!

Kind Regards

Davy from Scotland

Above was posted by me a long time ago under the name "Havixbeck" when i had an alliance in some other universe, however I am back as "Stardango" and I still stick to my original thoughts on the subject!

Kind Regards
Davy
Stardango
Stardango

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mordred Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:10 pm

I also think the forums is where you can see ideas on topics from people with a whole diffrent perspective.so while asking about ideas in your hone will get you similar answers, asking it to people from around the world will get you a brod perspective
mordred
mordred
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxed Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:49 am

Im a new member of the ZEN alliance, just joined the new branch in uni 35.

i very much agree with the general opinion in this topic, regarding the purpose of the forum, and i'd just like to add, that with an ally like this one, spread out across several universes, the forum is really the only way to be a part of the ally at large. Without it, it would be more like several independent allys, sharing a name, and maybe a few players.

- Jinxed

Jinxed
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Jinxed wrote:Im a new member of the ZEN alliance, just joined the new branch in uni 35.

i very much agree with the general opinion in this topic, regarding the purpose of the forum, and i'd just like to add, that with an ally like this one, spread out across several universes, the forum is really the only way to be a part of the ally at large. Without it, it would be more like several independent allys, sharing a name, and maybe a few players.

- Jinxed

Yes you are correct! we are in many universe's, but we must maintain a central forum for all the ZEN to unite and work as one large alliance, it is working , but not without the support from the team players , support leaders, and the main founder "Lord Vader"

So keep up the great work all the team from all the universes, and may i add it is important for players to join the ogame board (forum) as it also keeps the universal integrity!

Kind Regards
davy
Stardango
Stardango

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:38 am

yes its true... we are zen and we are very important to each other let alone to the game... but with that being said we do expect some coop from everyone...
gorku
gorku

Number of posts : 1963
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Moeiii Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Just wanted to add, that if i was not active in the forum for the past month and a half, i would not be in the position i am in right now. I think we have a lot of forum activity from certain willing players, and the others might just be shy or just dont feel like, or they might actually have a life! "if i offended anyone im sorry, it was not meant as a joke" all in all this alliance forum is growing into a bigger thing. With the Hydra Alliance as the main, and all the sub forums we have right now, this thing is gonna be nuts!

Fight on my fellow Zennians! Lets be known to all of the Ogamers!

Moe.
Moeiii
Moeiii
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinxed Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Its good to have a strong forum as the core of the alliance. I havent gotten around to reading through everything since that seems pretty extensive, but the concept of having a forum where we can all communicate and share insight on equal terms is nice

Jinxed
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:25 am

that is so true. if everybody just spent some time here they would realize this is worth the time spent after awhile. if i remember you asked for something and it was relayed you would find it here. if im wrong and thinking of someone else thats cool. but do me a favor and make a posted circ and tell others that its actually worth looking at. we constantly tell them but they dont believe me or others...

so has anybody really figured out whats going on here???
Rolling Eyes
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:56 pm

gorku wrote:that is so true. if everybody just spent some time here they would realize this is worth the time spent after awhile. if i remember you asked for something and it was relayed you would find it here. if im wrong and thinking of someone else thats cool. but do me a favor and make a posted circ and tell others that its actually worth looking at. we constantly tell them but they dont believe me or others...

so has anybody really figured out whats going on here???
Rolling Eyes

I often pull my hair out in frustration, as all we ask, is from time to time, a player log into the forum and say something, or respond to something, even if it was only once a month, or even just log into the forum to read it, we can see when a player logs in on the members list.

Why is that so much to ask of an individual, just to log in from time to time to support there alliance?

Why the froum reluctance?
Stardango
Stardango

Back to top Go down

Post by Moeiii Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:22 pm

so much hate man v.v so much hate.
Moeiii
Moeiii
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 am

true dat padawan... true dat
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next